Do you prefer working full time or part time?

Carson

Depending on the job, I prefer to work part time, because I can also work on other jobs on the side. But I am curious what people think about working full time versus part time. If you could afford to live fine on just a part time job, would you rather part time or going for full time? 

Mostly I go for full time, but if I can get a good pay rate per hour, part time is more than enough sometimes. 

What do you prefer though?

I would much rather work part-time. Something like a 3 or 4 day work week. I think for most people, this would be best for mental health and family planning. We, in the US at least, are still stuck on 5 and 6 day work weeks from the war days. It never got corrected. 

• Like 1

I like working part time. I have done so for years. I no longer have to work but I still like to have things to keep me busy which is why I do work online. I just like having my own spending money. It is nice to be able to buy stuff for my husband without asking him for money to do so lol

It depends. If I were to be working at a job I enjoyed and loved, I would probably love to be full time. Yet, you have to factor in time spent outside of work. You have to balance friends, family, spending time with pets and children, and all that. It is easier and less stressful (most people would agree) to work part time for those reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 5:50 PM, Mila said:

I would much rather work part-time. Something like a 3 or 4 day work week. I think for most people, this would be best for mental health and family planning. We, in the US at least, are still stuck on 5 and 6 day work weeks from the war days. It never got corrected. 

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. My grandpa told me about this. They used to work a lot less prior to WW2. He said he remembered his father working 4 days a week and he made great money.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:04 PM, Scarlett said:

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. My grandpa told me about this. They used to work a lot less prior to WW2. He said he remembered his father working 4 days a week and he made great money.

They need to go back to this. I think people would be a lot happier, healthier, and more productive. Instead of having a full time job be 40 hours a week, make it 32.