Open relationships, would you try it?

Mickey

Would you ever consider an open relationship? Maybe you're dating someone and you two discuss an open relationship. Would you ever do it? Personally I am 50/50 on it. I think if the two of you love each other, and want to bring others into the relationship, it can work. I don't know if I could go through with it myself, but I'd at least consider it. 

• Like 1

I do not think I would be able to handle my wife seeing another guy. So with that thought in my mind no I do not think it something I would give a go. 

I have known other couples that are this way. I think my wife and I are a little old school for something like that. 

Heck I do not even like my wife being friends with other guys. Just like I would think it is strange to hang out with another women just as friend. 

I have a friend who is in one right now. I will be honest, I would have issues with jealousy and it would make me feel insecure so I would never. My friend though, she makes it work. They have agreements and they both make sure the people they sleep with are tested and clear of STDs, always use protection, ect. 

I don't understand it but they are at least being safe about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If my husband came to me wanting this, I would laugh. When I realized he was serious, I would probably cry. I am not the type of person who can handle something like this. I never was. I don't even like the idea that while we were still in the early stages, I could have been sharing him with someone else.