How is inflation doing in your area?

Mila

I see some places are worse than others. I have seen some price changes the last few months. Meat being the one that has gone up the most. I think beef is up to $7 a pound for quality meat when it used to be $3.59 so it basically doubled in price. I also notice some weird price increases with clothing. The shirts my boyfriend wears to work, same brand and everything, have gone up over 50%. They were once $16 to $22 and now they want $35 to $48 per shirt. 

• Like 1

I will need to come back to this thread in the new year since I track our household expenses on a year over year basis. I feel like the credit card we use for groceries, gas, and children activities has gone up. Of course as the kids get older they consume more so I expect increases every year until they move out and then I expect things to start to fall again. 

I have noticed on reorders of products for our retail store that a lot of product costs have gone up which just means the product costs more for the customer. 

I have seen come increases but nothing major. Like I think I am spending around $80 per week for groceries now as compared to maybe $70 before. So prices have gone up but nothing I can't manage. It is when you have to buy more and provide for kids and a family, you will see that extra 10 multiple very quickly. 

• Like 1

Prices go up and down. Gas has been going up more and more though. I think it has increased a good $1.30 per gallon at this point which is a lot when you fill up a tank. I also noticed shelves remaining empty longer. Likely do to shipping issues and labor shortages, that and hoarders. 

• Like 1