Are there stretches that help the back heal?

Ella

I know, I should be asking my doctor this. He is out of office until the new year now for the holiday season so I don't see him again until the 3rd week of January. I am trying to find some basic stretches that can help my back. I have pain in my lower right side at the moment that seems to be at its worst when I lay down, no matter what position. Are there stretches that can encourage healing for lower back issues?

• Like 1

Any kind of movement will help. The reason why we get more prone to injuries as we age is because we stopped moving around enough. Think of the average 10 year old. How well they sleep, how much they move, etc. and then compare that to a 20 year old. Then a 30 year. 

The key factor top encouraging the body to heal is through proper breathing, movement, and healthy sleep. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 7:57 PM, Sophia said:

There is a stretch where you stand and bend your leg in at your thigh and then stretch forward. I have a hard time explaining it! Let me see if I can find the video...

Here it is:

Reminds me of the pigeon pose standing up. 

• Like 1