Under the desk workout bikes

Rachel

Do you guys recommend those under the desk workout bikes? They are usually smaller little workout bikes that you can lay under your desk. This way you can ride while working and I figured I would get one since I am working more from home. 

Do you guys know of any good options? 

• Like 1

I had an under the desk elliptical like machine for awhile. I never used it as my knees ended up hitting my desk from time to time. 

If I were to get something like this for movement at a desk again I would go with a standing desk and a under the desk treadmill. Great way to get steps in and stand at the same time. 

I use a stability ball when I know I will be seated for a whole. It forces you to flex and hold stability in your core which is a nice, easy workout. I believe it can burn up to 50 calories an hour depending on your size and how much you fidget. Knowing this, in an 8 hour shift at the desk, you can burn up to 400 calories without breaking a sweat!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 7:09 PM, Emma said:

I use a stability ball when I know I will be seated for a whole. It forces you to flex and hold stability in your core which is a nice, easy workout. I believe it can burn up to 50 calories an hour depending on your size and how much you fidget. Knowing this, in an 8 hour shift at the desk, you can burn up to 400 calories without breaking a sweat!

I heard about this. I was looking into it for posture reasons though. I wonder if sitting reverse on a chair would do this. My doctor wants me to try sitting like this with a folding chair but I can't quite figure out how to use the keyboard. Maybe a ball would be a better option lol

• Like 1

I think they can help but it depends on your desk and what you are doing. They have some that are just short floor peddles. I have used those because but they can cause ankle issues if you are not careful. I would much rather invest in a standing desk. I want to get one that can be adjusted so I can sit and stand at it. 

• Like 1