How much do fitness instructors make?

Brenden

How much do you guys think fitness instructors make? I imagine they make a lot, especially if they need to train a lot of people. I don't know how many people they take on, but I bet they could devote an hour each day to each person, idk what do you guys think? 

Would you be a fitness instructor? I think I'd rather own a gym and be responsible for that side myself. 

• Like 1

According to Indeed.com  the average Fitness Instructor salary in the united states is $21.65 per hour. 

I think it would be interesting to have a job and get paid for something that I already do for free. Then again motivating a group of individuals can be huge responsibility and your clients are going to need to get results for you to keep going.

• 2 weeks later...

I know someone who does this in my area, it is a member of my family. Well, I should say did. COVID and the lockdowns ended up doing the business he worked at in. It was a local gym that had a handful of personal fitness instructors. He was making about 55k per year which seems to be on the higher end. 

On 12/10/2021 at 11:19 PM, Sophia said:

I know someone who does this in my area, it is a member of my family. Well, I should say did. COVID and the lockdowns ended up doing the business he worked at in. It was a local gym that had a handful of personal fitness instructors. He was making about 55k per year which seems to be on the higher end. 

That is really high! Wow, I had no idea someone could make this much without living in a place like New York City or Cali. I think most around here only make 30k a year which is nothing these days. With inflation going up, we will soon need over 70k to support a family of 3.