Black Friday Sales Hit Over 7 BILLION Online!

Mila

I saw something in the news about this. I was shocked. Like given how things have been this year with people being out of work, losing their homes, piles of debt... How the heck are people managing to spend this much!? Some are saying tomorrow for Cyber Monday, sales can hit over 10 billion. I know this is world wide but where the heck are people coming up with the money to spend like this?

• Like 1

I think it's partly because of the stimulus, people getting unemployment, and sales taking place online as well. People aren't going out as much for black friday anymore, because stores have been doing their sales mostly online now. I think that's part of the reason why so much money was spent this year. 

• Like 1

My mom has a friend who's niece has two children from a young age. She is only 20. When her and her boyfriend got their stimulus checks last year, they blew the whole lot on Christmas gifts for their kids and didn't get anyone else anything. Now they aren't being invited to Christmas this year. The point in sharing this is that I think Stanley is right. A lot of people still kept getting stimulus checks and benefits from having kids. 

• Like 1

You know, I stopped caring what people do with their money. Some people are destine to be in debt and struggle and that is their choice. I only have an issue with it when politics gets involved and they want my money to pay their debts. It can be rather annoying to see people be careless with their money and then have them expect everyone else to fix their problems. 

• Like 1