Why are the numbers going down?

Scarlett

I am a bit confused on how to read the market. I just keep seeing that most crypto is hitting periods of red and their growth back isn't the same. A friend of mine who invests said he lost a good 35% of his profits just in May. What is going on right now? 

• Like 1

It has been such a short period of time. Cryptos have had a major run up and were likely overbought. A market must always return back to its mean. 

Bitcoin was worth $1 sometime in Feb 2011. We have seen these swings before. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_bitcoin#Prices_and_value_history

You don't lose any money until you sell if you believe in the coin then hold it and if you do not believe why buy it? It always helps to understand our why. 

Your best bet is to wait. The market will go up and down often, and sometimes it will go down a lot. Your best bet, is to wait for the best moment and then cash in. For example, look at Bitcoin right now. It's back to like $35,000 or something. Right now would be a good time to invest some money, and then when it hits up again, you'll get a nice bit of extra cash. 

It really comes down to this. The market will flip flop all over the place. You're going to have days where your investment means nothing, and then days where you could probably get your moneys worth. 

• Like 1