Is it really true that time apart makes the heart grow fonder?

Scarlett

I always hear this saying but any examples of couples being apart, the ones I have personally witnessed, never end well. They end in anger, breakups, and divorce. It seems like some people can handle this better than others and most people these days have issues with waiting on standby. A friend of mine was seeing someone in Canada, a LDR and he recently broke up with her because the not seeing each other was too much for him. She found out he had met someone else. They were not able to see each other because of the travel restrictions during COVID in 2020. It was a mess for them. 

Anyone can make anything work if they want to bad enough. 

It is tough because people have needs. If we desire something bad enough though we must make sacrifice in order to get what we want. It sounds like the guy was unwilling to make that sacrifice so it did not work for them. In the case of a couple of course both parties would have to really want it to work. 

I am sure there are plenty of stories out there of things working out too. 

So the question of does time apart make the heart grow fonder? 

In my opinion it can. I know to much of a good thing would make you appreciate that thing less. Right the special things we get to do. When its a rare occasion it makes it so much better. 

What do others think?  

• Like 1

This really depends on the individual. For some people, it does make this happen. Time spent longing for someone makes them care more deeply for the person they love. On the flip side, there are people who grow more impatient and end up seeking their needs elsewhere which seems to be common with people who travel for work or those whose partner is in the military. For the right person though, I think most people will find they love grows stronger. Just a matter of finding the right one.

• Like 1