Packing and moving tips?

Emma

I am trying to compile a list. I will be moving sometimes early 2022. I want to be prepared and lessen the stress on myself for the move. I know it is going to be stressful as it is. I hate change. I think I almost fear it. That is probably why I stick to the same old things I enjoy on a day to day basis. lol 

Do you have any packing and moving tips? Things I can do in advance would be helpful too.

• Like 1

The best moving tip I have is to use all the same size box for packing things into. It makes loading the moving truck so much easier and keeps the unloading process clean. 

Make sure to label the outside of all the boxes with what room you want that box placed into at the new house. 

Start shopping around early if you are going to be renting a truck. Sometimes you can find some great one way deals if you are going from a low demand area to a high demand area. 

Good luck with your move. 

Most people use boxes but I would opt to include those large totes with lids as well. You might end up moving on a say where there is rain (or snow) and you don't want to deal with boxes that are heavy getting wet. You could end up losing some items. They sell some at Walmart. I think you get 6 or 8 of them for like $50. You can reuse them as well for garage and basement storage. It beats buying all boxes and just throwing them out after.

• Like 1

I would get a label gun and label everything. It makes it easier and faster. If you want to be extra certain of things, I would make a system for yourself. Number boxes, color-code them, and keep a binder filled with all the information so you know what is where and which box contains what. 

• Like 1