Would you date someone who was a lot older than you?

Rachel

I met a man recently who happens to be in his 50s, I'm in my 30s and to be honest, I am kinda interested in him. Thing is, he knows my family and I think it would be weird for the lot of us if we started to date. Anyway, would you date someone who was a lot older than you? Or would you only be interested in people near or close to your age? 

• Like 1

I think this depends on what you want for your future. Not many men can produce healthy children past the age of 50. So I guess if you are okay with not having children, I say go for it. I personally stay within 10 years. The oldest I have dated was 8 years older than me and while it was fun in the beginning, I realized he was actually more like being with someone 5 years younger than me mentally and I had to end it. I think social, mental, and emotional maturity is more important than age.

• Like 1

Personally, no. Not because of the age or the appearance but rather the health. I don't want to have several years where I won't have my partner with me. I would rather be closer in age so we die closer together. Maybe that is selfish, I don't know.

• Like 1