Is it worth have a CareCard?

Mila

My mom wants me to get one. I guess it is a credit card that is specifically for health related expenses. You pay no interest for 6 months. So if I need to get tooth work done my insurance will not cover, I can use that and pay it off over 6 months with no interest. I just don't know much about these cards. Does anyone here have one?

• Like 1

Never heard of these. Going to look into it. 

Another option if your medical plan allows for it is to open up a Health Savings Account. That way you can put aside money pretax and reduce your taxable liability. The catch is that cash has to get used for health expenses. 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:20 AM, James said:

Never heard of these. Going to look into it. 

Another option if your medical plan allows for it is to open up a Health Savings Account. That way you can put aside money pretax and reduce your taxable liability. The catch is that cash has to get used for health expenses. 

I actually recently got insurance that offers this and I had no idea what it was. I declined it but I feel like it might be worth getting once I am married, have kids, ect. as it seems to be a good way to keep your money from being double taxed.

• Like 1

I'm assuming a CareCard is like a medical discount card like Stanley said. I have a plan through my state currently and it's not called that. But I also assume that maybe a CareCard is something most people can get on top of their own insurance? As like a way to get extra discounts on medication and medical supplies if needed? 

• Like 1