Have you ever became friends with someone who bullied you?

StanleyZEN

Have you ever became friends with someone who ever bullied you? I have friends who used to bully me, but we were able to become friends later on in life. It was mostly due to people seeing the real me. Some of them apologized. 

Would you ever attempt to be friends with a past bully? 

• Like 1

Keep your enemies close right? 

No I have never associated with people that used to be bullies at a earlier stage of my life. I have had friendships that turned into physical fights then a few weeks after that we were stronger friends because of it. 

Anyone that was just randomly being a jerk to others because they could I never thought to try to spend more time with these kinds of people. 

It is great that they made amends and had the realization that they were not being the kindest of people but I do not think a bully from the past has ever tried to reach back out to me. We likely never even would have gotten to know eachothers names. 

There was this bully that tormented me in elementary and middle school, but for some odd reason, in high school he was kind and chill with me. Didn't bother me after that, and surprisingly we became friends. I asked him what was up, and he said a friend of mine warned him to cut it out, otherwise he'd fight him. I don't believe in violence though, so I was a bit annoyed by that. But, I was thankful that I made a new friend in the process. Just weird how it all turned out. 

• Like 1

I've become friends with people who bullied me in the past. Sometimes they stop being bullies, other times they just forgot they bullied you. Just because they were bullies once, doesn't mean they will forever be bullies. They can change, and I have seen a few bullies change. 

It's not like I choose to be their friends, sometimes they change their bad habits and don't bully others anymore. Some realize they were jerks and stop. I never befriend someone who keeps making fun or me or hates me, but if they stop and maybe even apologize, I usually forget and forgive. 

• Like 1