How To Overcome Creative Block

TopicStarter

Let’s be honest; facing a creative block is one of the hardest times in life. And without the right resources, you might feel lost. 

Popularly known as the “blank page syndrome,” this phenomenon for artists or creators is of significant trouble. Sometimes, you run out of inspiration or simply fail to convert your thoughts into something tangible. It does not matter if you are a comic artist, a writer, or a painter; this can happen to anyone. 

You need to be in the correct frame of mind if you need to work around the situation, as struggling to have the creative juices flow can be pretty frustrating. And I am not surprised as to why creators are so scared of this dreaded block. 

When you face a situation like this, it might feel like it is almost impossible to overcome. But trust me, that’s not the case. There are many ways in which you can stay inspired and get over your creative block. So today, I will discuss some of them with you.

#1 Take a break: When you are a compulsive worker, you don’t realize the importance of breaks. But remember that you aren’t a machine, so it is not possible for you to create constantly. 

Breaks are more valuable than you would like to believe. If you think taking some time off means losing out on valuable work, you're mistaken. Removing yourself from work helps you think more creatively and explore new avenues. You need to feel energized to create wonders.

#2 Maintain a journal: Keeping an everyday journal where you note things that spark your interest can be very useful in this regard. When facing a creative block, things fail to amuse and interest you. So, whether you are a painter or a writer, jotting things in a journal that piques your interest can always be helpful. These can work as cues when you fail to find situations that amuse you. 

#3 It is okay to fail: Don’t be too hard on yourself if you fail to close a project. I understand that you might feel disappointed, but it’s not the end of the world. You might just have taken a risk or experimented with something new. And things might not have turned the way you expected them to. 

But remember that the more you feel disappointed, the more blocked you feel. Take a walk, breathe in the fresh air and see your creative zeal return!

Have you had to overcome a creative block? What steps did you take to overcome it? 

• Like 1

I think having a creative block is normal but the best way I have found to avoid them or push through them is to do something different or new. We tend to get stuck in patterns of day to day life and limit ourselves to comforts. That hinders creativity. 

• Like 1