Do you think marriage is a lot harder today than it was 50 years ago?

Mila

With the access to the internet, dating apps and sites all over, social media platforms that allow you to connect with anyone from around the world... Do you think marriage has become a lot harder these days to remain faithful for people? 

• Like 1

No. I think marriage should be easier now. 

There is so much we can do with our partners to increase transparency in our lives. My wife and I we are photo buddies on google photos so every picture her or I take get uploaded to each other automatically. We share our GPS locations too automatically for emergencies since I like to go out to the middle of nowhere and having my wife have my last known GPS location on a day I do not come home will be helpful for the search and rescue teams. 

The internet has also made it easier to communicate. I really dislike talking on the phone but I will talk to my wife via instant message for as long as she wants. 

Some people say the way we do things is a bit creepy and they would never want to share that much. I feel like it is like installing cameras at your business location. The team always gets a little nervous but its not like you watch them all the time. You pull up the information when you have to. 

In terms of faithfulness, it is easier to cheat but it is always easier to get caught!

I think people have made it more complicated than it should be. With all the things we have at our disposal these days, it seems like you'd have to go out of your way to ruin your marriage or marry the entirely wrong person for you to begin with.

• Like 1

Well, technology has its up sides and down sides. On the upside, anytime my husband has to go out of town, we can see each other still using video chatting which helps me a lot with my anxiety and worry. He is also able to send me quick messages thanks to texting and smart phones. I also love that he can send me pictures if he sees anything cool or interesting. It makes me feel more connected to him when we are away. 

The downsides mostly come if you are in a marriage with someone you already can't trust, as mentioned. 

• Like 1