Do you think they will extend the timeframe for student loan payments again?

Brenden

I have student loans, but they have been put on hold because of covid. This will last until January 2022, where I will have to start paying into my loans again. Do you think there may be another extension for this? I feel like there's still a lot of people out of work, so I could see this being extended. I can afford to pay it again, I just rather not right now haha! 

• Like 1

Well of course no one would want to pay a bill.

I do not think it will be extended myself. We just had a depressing jobs report. 51% of small businesses are having trouble hiring people. A lot of workers in the hospitality industry seem to be unwilling to go to work. 

There are jobs out there that need to be filled but people seem unwilling to fill them. Must be all the assistance that was being handed out but now it is time to get back to life and contribute to society. 

As a society we need to move on with life and understand that we will have to live with this virus likely just like all the other viruses we live with. 

With all the wasteful spending and everything they have done, I'd like to think so. I know they want their money though. When you go to college, this is what you sign up for. I went and I have to pay back my debts like everyone else but I knew what I was getting into. I knew that it wasn't going to be cheap and I had the numbers right in front of me. I don't understand how so many students for to college every year and not pay attention to their spending and debts. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:05 AM, Emma said:

With all the wasteful spending and everything they have done, I'd like to think so. I know they want their money though. When you go to college, this is what you sign up for. I went and I have to pay back my debts like everyone else but I knew what I was getting into. I knew that it wasn't going to be cheap and I had the numbers right in front of me. I don't understand how so many students for to college every year and not pay attention to their spending and debts. 

I have a few friends who argue with me all the time over debts. I said the same thing I said 6 years ago "you need to pay attention to what you are spending". I think a lot of young adults fresh out of high school got fed a lot of lies. I feel bad but I am paying mine back as it is what I am meant to be doing. I know what I signed. I guess a lot of people didn't think they would be in a position where they wouldn't be able to find work. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I have a few friends who argue with me all the time over debts. I said the same thing I said 6 years ago "you need to pay attention to what you are spending". I think a lot of young adults fresh out of high school got fed a lot of lies. I feel bad but I am paying mine back as it is what I am meant to be doing. I know what I signed. I guess a lot of people didn't think they would be in a position where they wouldn't be able to find work. 

That is likely it. Like think of people telling you that you can spend 30k or more and get a degree and be earning double or even triple that within your first few years out of college... You wouldn't have an issue with the debt at all cause you'd be able to pay it comfortably but a lot of people graduated and have spent several years graduated working somewhere that pays $15 or less an hour and are expected to be able to pay rent, a car payment, buy food, pay for health insurance, AND pay off all this debt. 

• Like 1