Turning a side hustle into a small business... Is it possible?

Ella

I am wondering if this is possible at all. I have no experience with this myself or even running/owning a small business. I would imagine some concepts work better for this than others and some are more prone to failure rather than grow. What do you guys and gals think? 

• Like 1

Yes you can turn a side hustle into a small business. 

Here is an example. You go drive for UBER / LYFT. You find that you enjoy driving people from point A to point B. 

So you research what you would need to do it on your own. Different places have different restrictions on driving people commercially and your local airport will also have rules. You will also need commercial insurance.

You can use your UBER / LYFT side hustle to help you grow a list of private clients. Get them to call you instead of the platforms. 

As long as you have a process that can be scaled and you are solving a real problem it can be turned into a business. 

• Like 1

There was someone who worked for the internet provider I use that came by the house to fix something for me a few years back. He mentioned he does stuff dealing with the computers on the side. I recently ran into him at the store and he is working by himself now and earns more than he did working for the internet company. It is possible! Just be careful if you are using someone else's business to front your own. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:38 PM, Sophia said:

There was someone who worked for the internet provider I use that came by the house to fix something for me a few years back. He mentioned he does stuff dealing with the computers on the side. I recently ran into him at the store and he is working by himself now and earns more than he did working for the internet company. It is possible! Just be careful if you are using someone else's business to front your own. 

You have to really be careful with this cause your side-hustle can get reported to your employer and they can fire you before you have a chance to establish anything. You end up in a lose-lose situation which is hard to bounce back from. 

• Like 1