How To Overcome Nihilism

TopicStarter

Do you often find yourself spiraling down the same feelings of doom over and over? 

Do you have trouble keeping faith in things and count yourself as a nihilist instead? Life is tough already, but it becomes even tougher when you lose belief in everything.

Nihilists reject all the moral and religious principles and believe that life doesn’t have any meaning. This might give a boost of happiness initially, but it is short-lived. They often fall prey to a sense of directionlessness, and it becomes easier for them to give up on things. 

This can lead to several problems in life and even though it might seem peaceful at first, it can take a toll on your mental health in the long run. I have a few tips to help overcome this barrier between you and your lost belief:

#1 Question your practices: people adopt several habits in passing and forget about reflecting on them from time to time. Whenever you find yourself being nihilistic, stop and question yourself. Why are you feeling like that? 

Do you really feel hopeless, or is it because of some inconvenience lodged deeply in the back of the mind which you don’t know how to deal with? This might be something that is making you give up on things.

#2 Be excited for the future while living in the present: it’s important to enjoy things in the present, but it is also good to look out a little for your future. People never know for sure what it holds, and that is the fun part because it might be even better than your expectations. 

Looking forward to something and having plans that excite you are essential to keep the wheel of life spinning. Even if things don’t go as planned, you’ll at least have those precious moments of happiness and curiosity you spent while dreaming and executing your ideas.

#3 Allow yourself to flow: are you struggling to restore your faith and want to let go of nihilism for good? You must note that growth happens when you are carefree and go with the flow. You might think that nihilism is liberating, but in reality, it is restrictive and prevents people from living up to their potential. 

So, it’s not beneficial to be morbid all the time, and you can try to let your guard down every once in a while. Your vibes determine what you allow to enter your life. 

Is this a feeling you have suffered from? What steps did you take to correct it? 

• Like 1

This is what the youngsters online are calling "black pilled" right? lol

I have never had an issue with this. I always believed in something, even when I was lost and confused in life. I feel like the younger people though are struggling with this big time. They lack purpose, struggle with their relationships, and question morality often breaking it in half and hurting themselves. 

• Like 1

First time i have ever heard the term "black pilled" but yes it sounds very similar. Definition of black pilled according to urban dictionary: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Black Pilled

Living without being able to believe in anything sounds like a horrible way to live. I have always believed in something (although never really a religious guy). I always dream of the future I want to create for myself and my family. I used to just believe in hardwork helping get me ahead but I have proven that one to myself a few times now. 

There are times when we feel defeated and see no way out but there is always another path. When one door closes another door opens. 

• Like 1

Wow, this has to be depressive to think like this. I never heard of the term black pilled before. It sounds like nihilism though. I am not sure why people think this way or don't want to believe in anything. It is almost as if they were punished as children for being creative and lose all abilities to think beyond themselves as adults.

• Like 1