Did you ever take fitness shakes? Like slimfast?

Brenden

Do you remember Slim Fast? That chocolate flavored health drink that promised many they'd lose weight? I used to drink Slim Fast growing up, but got tired of it fast. I didn't care for the flavor for long and it just got gross after a while. But what about you? Did you guys ever drink fitness drinks? 

• Like 1

Yeah we sometimes pick up the ones that come in a rectangle shaped box from Costco. Forget the brand but they are nice for a quick meal after a workout. If they do not taste good I wont drink them so the ones my wife was getting us must have been ok. 

Our drinks made no claims though and we understood it was just quick way to get some nutrition when needed kind like a protein bar. 

I tried slimfast in my early 20's. I remember the taste not being terrible but I didn't have much success doing their plan. You had a shake for breakfast and lunch and then ate a normal dinner. I remember I lost like 8 pounds or so but it took nearly 3 months and I stopped using it after that.

• Like 1

I had a friend who drank it as a teen. Her mother got it for her. She was never a "big girl". She was always chunky/chubby but never to a point where her weight was effecting her health on a large scale. Her mother just shamed her over not being thin. It bothered me for a long time. Still does. I don't talk to her anymore but that kind of ruined me on shakes like this. I never touched them and have no interest. 

• Like 1