Trying to get celebs to do ads

Quinten

Depending on your definition of celebrity I have got this done. 

My e commerce project I worked on for the last 10 years we had plenty of prominent influencers in our space endorse our products. What was even better was most of it was organic promotion meaning we never even talked to the celeb before hand. 

Overtime we worked on landing more and more of these people and even got our customers into the game by offering up store credit in exchange for a live YouTube video regardless of your follower count. We then marketed all those videos and built playlists for any random person coming through. 

People tend to listen to other people they trust which is why it works so well. 

You do not need the big names those can be expensive. What you need is the leaders in the niche you work in to promote your products. The influencers over the last 5 years are getting smarter and understand they can charge for this kind of thing but there will always be up and coming personalities you can collaborate with to build an army of influence on the cheap. 

I have never done this but I know several people who do use this form of marketing. It can be great if you know what you are doing and who to make use of. You have to be realistic and go for people who share interests with what you offer. Find someone who will like your service or product so when they pitch it to fans, it is more authentic and real. They won't feel pressured to lie. 

• Like 1

You'd end up paying a ton for a celeb to get a short clip. I see that as a big gamble, because there's no garauntee people will go to your site because of a celeb. Sure it may get people to visit your site, but who knows if it will pay off. You need to sell what it is your selling. If you can get a celeb to show what it is you're selling, it could work. But I think you're going to pay more than what you'd get in return. 

• Like 1