What is the process (in dumb dumb terms lol) to buying an NFT?

Mila

I would like to buy one just for the heck of it. I heard some people talking about it more and as dumb as I think it sounds, I think the technology behind it is going to help it take off in 5 or 10 years. Does anyone know how to actually go about buying one?

Depending on the site it should be easy enough as setting up an account and buying one just like you would make any normal ecommerce purchase. 

Make sure you trust the platform you are buying from. 

I noticed Draftkings is selling NFTs and considering they have their gaming license in a number of states now I would consider them pretty legit. Buying an NFT from them seems as simple as shopping on Amazon. 

https://marketplace.draftkings.com/listings

I myself still do not understand. The why people are buying these things but then again I am sure there are plenty of people asking that question about BTC.

1 hour ago, Scarlett said:

Wow those are expensive! I would love to make my own. I like to draw and it would help inspire me to get more into it. Is there a simple way to actually make them? 

I have never gone through the process but this article looks to be helpful on how to create your own NFT: https://www.creativebloq.com/how-to/make-and-sell-an-NFT

• Like 1

I am going to see if my husband will make some. He is good with computers. It will give him a hobby to get into now that fall is here and the weather is getting colder. I am not going to expect anything from it but I feel like this is something he could enjoy. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ella said:

I am going to see if my husband will make some. He is good with computers. It will give him a hobby to get into now that fall is here and the weather is getting colder. I am not going to expect anything from it but I feel like this is something he could enjoy. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

• Like 1