How To Overcome Shyness With Your Crush

TopicStarter

Are you too shy to go ahead and talk to the person for whom you’ve developed feelings? Or, do you fumble or get too nervous while facing the person? Well, all of us have been in that situation, and it is completely normal! 

After all, the person has a special place in your heart. And you’ll always want to present yourself in the best way while facing them. That’s what puts you under pressure so much that you suddenly become self-conscious and try to retreat from the situation. Actually, you’re always apprehensive that you might land up in an embarrassing situation at any moment. 

But don’t you long to shed this shyness and proceed to know that person better? Of course, you do! And that’s why I’m here to help you out by suggesting some simple ways to overcome this shyness. 

#1 Try to be yourself around the person: People often try to imbibe certain qualities or mannerisms that don’t define them once they start liking someone. They feel that would help them build a better impression in that person’s mind and might even make him/her reciprocate their feelings. 

But the reality is different. Behaving the way you are will help you build a strong bond with the person. And this way, you can also get rid of the apprehensions that trigger shyness and nervousness. 

#2 Being a good listener: Unlike the popular belief that talking constantly is the opposite of being shy, people actually like the company of a good listener. That’s because such a person can ask them interesting questions and always encourage them to talk. 

In fact, this can be really beneficial if you’re shy as one is naturally more interested in listening to the person he/she likes. This will make it much easier to ask them questions about themselves and follow up on what they’re saying. 

#3 Leverage mutual friends or shared hobbies: Try to find some common ground with your crush. For instance, if they’re interested in music or art just as you are, use those hobbies to spend more time with them. This will surely help you get rid of the pressure of thinking about the topics you can discuss without some context. 

Also, if you have common friends with that person, go ahead and arrange dine-outs or trips with all of them. This can help you get to know that person as you can often hang out together. 

We can all be shy at times especially when it comes to a crush. What steps did you take to overcome shyness with your crush?

Speak of the devil. I am currently talking with a girl I have liked for quite a while now. I met her on a dating site a while back, and it kinda just became a friendship. But, I have taken a liking to her and have a massive crush on her. I'm scared to say how I feel, because I also don't want to lose her as a friend. 

I suppose one of these days I can just ask her to meet up one day and see where things go. Maybe there's something there, but if not, at least I have a new friend. 

Thanks for the tips OP. I appreciate it! 

• Like 1

I have been in this scenario before. It can be hard to tell someone you like them. I would imagine it is harder for a guy though. I find that it is best to just be upfront about it. Don't sit around waiting. You'd be surprised by how many potential relationships never happen even when both people are interested simply because someone never made the first move. I had a crush on someone in high school. Found out years later he liked me as well. 

• Like 1