Do you think the government will find a way to tax it?

Sophia

All this money stuff happening right now is pushing people to go even harder and further into crypto. I know the tax forms are starting to show stuff about crypto but a lot of people are not putting it on their forms. I think things will be a bit different for next year cause they want to know where people's money is going. I mean if the government already taxed the money they earned, it is none of their businesses what they do with it. At least that is my opinion. Anyways, do you think he government will find a way to tax crypto in the near future? 

• Like 1

I have paid taxes on my crypto gains for the last five years or so now. I am pretty sure we are already supposed to be paying taxes on our gains just the sale of any other asset. I never want to risk making the IRS angry so if money is made I know taxes need to be paid. 

• Like 1

Yeah this was brought up back in 2014. Things were just slow to roll out from my understanding. You don't have to pay anything on crypto if the value has increased if it is just sitting there but if you move it, withdrawal it, or anything of the sort you need to report it. I know it is stupid but with how desperate the government is right now for money (after printing trillions and screwing us all over) I would not want to be on their bad side.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Stacey said:

They would tax air if they could convince enough people it was better for us. 

I am honestly shocked they don't tax air. Wasn't their a children's movie about this very concept? I kind of remember watching something like this years ago.

You may be thinking of Dr. Seuss' The Lorax https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lorax_(film)