Do you think those "strange addictions" are real?

Sophia

I think this is a TLC show. Where people go on and talk about having weird addictions to very unhealthy and harmful things. One person was addicted to eating her mattress, another was addicted to eating paint. Do you think these addictions are real, fabricated, or 100% fake? It is hard to tell sometimes for me. 

• Like 1

No! I had this talk with my boyfriend a few weeks ago. I think he was watching someone on YouTube who was reacting to one of them. He was saying he thinks they are real. I think maybe some of them are real but heavily fabricated but a majority of them are just fake.

• Like 1

Likely extremely dramatized and exaggerated to make the shows more interesting to watch. People are into some really strange stuff though so I would not put it past people to have these strange addictions. You have to wonder how you get addicted to strange things like that. What was the reward the first time you did it to make you want to do it again?  

• Like 1