Things that have helped me get over anxiety

Justin89

What are some things you guys do to help with your anxiety? I found that gaming for a while has helped me out a lot. Like I will sit down with a popular game, and it will relieve most of my stress. I will also tune into an older movie, maybe something from the 60s,70s, and or 80s, and lately it's been more 90s movies. But I find that it helps with my anxiety to just take my mind off of the stresses for a few hours. What about you? Does video games, or watching movies and tv help you at all?

• Like 1

If I really want to figure things out a long bike ride by myself is the perfect medicine. It helps put things into perspective when you are out there all alone for hours on end. 

I tend to have one good zone out day a week. Typically falls on Sundays. You get to let all the worries fade away and just watch some NFL action 🙂(thank goodness football season is back). 

When it is not NFL season I typically play video games on Sundays for relaxation and to help forget the worries of day to day life. 

Checking our selves out every now and then is something we all need to do. 

I have read some experts say to truly rest you need to sit and do nothing. No TV or Video games as those are still stimulating your mind. 

I find that the more I socialize and keep busy, the less time I have to worry. What is that old saying, idle time is the devil's play thing? It is true. You have to keep busy. If you just sit in your own head, things can get dark. I think this is why so many of the generation z struggle with depression and anxiety. They try to find value in pronouns and group identity and lose themselves in the process. 

• Like 1

Anytime I find myself in a state or place of worry, I try to find something to do. It is hard for your mind to get rapped up in stress and fears when you keep yourself busy. I used Minecraft a lot to manage my anxiety. I don't play it much these days but it helped a lot to just focus on something else. 

• Like 1