The OMAD Diet, anyone do it.

Carson

Has anyone here tried the OMAD Diet? It's essentially stands for One Meal A Day Diet. It's a diet where you eat just one meal a day, at a certain time. I've been considering trying it out myself. But I just don't know if I'm capable of lasting a whole day eating just one meal. Of course, that meal can be pretty big, but still. 

If you have tried it, how was it?

I have heard of it, but I haven't tried it yet. I hear it works wonders, because you're pretty much just fasting. I have done my fair share of fasting, but it doesn't always work the way you want it to. 

I'm thinking I might do it myself, as I have kind of cut down some on food. In fact, I already eat 2 meals a day, I can probably lower it to just 1. 

A few years ago when I was eating on a Keto lifestyle this is exactly what I did. I had dinner. Was able to do it quite a bit but as physical activity picked up I felt like I had to consume more. 

Intermittent fasting (IF) is a pretty popular weight loss technique. 

I prefer the 16:8 diet. This is where you typically eat two meals but you only have an 8 hour window to do this. You are fasting for 16 hours. It is a form of IF like James mentioned. I feel it is less restrictive but still just as beneficial. 

• Like 1

Someone I know did this but it wasn't intentional. She just started working again after not working for several years. She was taking care of an older man and doing housing cleaning for a few others. She was gone from 10AM until 8PM 5 days a week and ended up just eating dinner when she got home. So between the exercise and only eating one large meal a day, she lost over 70 pounds. I didn't even recognize her when I saw her. 

• Like 1