Biting Your Tongue

Scarlett

Do you have an issue with this?

I noticed that there are a lot of things I would like to say to people when they hurt me or upset me but I tend to bite my own tongue and hold back as I don't want to create more issues than I already have. Problem is, this leads me to get frustrated in other areas of my life. I almost redirect the anger or frustration on/at something or someone else. 

• Like 1

I do this with certain people because I don't want to get into arguments. It can be hard and I get where you are coming from. I think it is important that you allow yourself to vent though. If you keep things bottled up too much then you will implode and end up taking it out on the wrong person, just like you mentioned. 

• Like 1

I feel that I have very strong opinions and regardless of who I am hanging out with if something comes up that I strongly disagree with or feel needs a bit of debate I will. I guess it really depends on the group of people and the type of situation but I like to try to be myself as much as possible. 

Do not want anyone liking me for some fake version of me I brought out to some event instead of the real me. 

Sometimes the confrontation is not worth it so you just go along with whatever as you likely will never see the people again. Other times you want to dive in and really understand the way an opposing view thinks. If I can understand why someone thinks a certain way they can help me grow as well as I think of other reasons or arguments for or against any topic. 

Having to walk on eggshells for someone is never worth the stress. Feeling like you have to do that with everyone, that is a problem. I think you need to get more comfortable with making other people uncomfortable. They will get over it. You don't have to be mean about anything and if they take it that way, that is their problem, not yours!

• Like 1