Do you ever mute family/friends on social media for their takes/opionions?

Rachel

I'm sure you all have family and friends who have bad takes all over social media. How do you deal with family and friends who are set in their ways and have bad or differing opinions? Maybe they believe in false things and are trying to pass that off as truth. How do you deal with it? I have actually unfollowed friends and family on facebook if they have dumb takes and continue to spam it everywhere. I did it for a few friends who were extremely political, and I didn't want to hear their opinions anymore. With Facebook you can just unfollow them, and you won't see their posts, but it won't delete you as a friend doing so. 

Do you ever do this? I feel like it's a great way to kind of ignore their dumb opinions or offensive takes. What do you think? 

• Like 1

I do not use any social media for personal use only for marketing my projects. 

One of the reasons I had to personally get off social media was due to all the arguments that were taking place on social. For some reason I would feel compelled to share my thoughts on some topics. It would just cause more trouble. Eventually I just stopped so I guess I muted myself 😛

I am not on social media anymore but when I still was, I have done this. Not because I can't handle apposing views, I just don't like seeing people argue over them and I know some people say things that just don't need to be shared with the world. If it doesn't improve someone's life, why say anything about it on your social pages? 

16 hours ago, James said:

I do not use any social media for personal use only for marketing my projects. 

One of the reasons I had to personally get off social media was due to all the arguments that were taking place on social. For some reason I would feel compelled to share my thoughts on some topics. It would just cause more trouble. Eventually I just stopped so I guess I muted myself 😛

Yeah, social media is the bane of society, it may be helpful for everything else, but it's a junkyard of hate and more. Comment sections are full of arguing, even if it's something that's not confrontational. It's just a joke. I cringe at the stuff some of what my family posts. Conspiracy theories, lies, and hate. It's tiring to be honest. So I stop following a lot of my fam and friends now. 

• Like 1

I'm not on Facebook anymore but I know if I was, I would have all of my family muted at this point! The stuff I hear about who posts what on there from my mother, I just don't want anything to do with it. My oldest brother is always getting banned for saying stupid things and he even believes some of that Q people stuff. I can't believe he is on their side with anything. They are insane people. 

• Like 1