Is mankind a cosmic fluke?

MotivationDistrictYT

In this thought-provoking video from Motivation District, the audience is left pondering about how the world operates and how human life came to be. Historically, when people were more religious, they believed that the world has been put together by a celestial architect, or god(s). As later generations move away from religion, more and more people that the world is a result of chaotic interactions, not some divine plan.  I would say that a lot of people today may not be religious, but they hope that there is a god out there but are unsure if there is. One interesting point the narrator poses is that how can intelligent life forms (i.e., humans) evolve from an unintelligent, chaotic world. Through his discussion, he suggests that this evolution cannot be totally random. While this is a difficult topic to unpack, the narrator does a great job at breaking his argument into easily digested parts. He makes a compelling argument that human life and consciousness are not a cosmic fluke. 

After viewing this video, it would be interesting to see others’ takes on this video and their opinion on whether or not they think human life is a fluke or if there is a universal power that sets our evolution in motion. 

This video can be accessed below: 

When I look at what a tiny seed becomes, how animals instinctively know to care for their young, and how the human body is self-healing and self-regulating... I can't help but believe without a shadow of a doubt it was done by design. I never believed in the "big bang". I do think we have gone through evolution but not in the sense many people seem to people. We are not from apes. I don't believe that but I do believe out eye color, hair color, hair texture, and skin color changed over years of evolutionary adaption and that is why so many people look different from each other today and have different characteristics based on where their ancestors had spent years living and thriving. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 8:08 PM, Emma said:

When I look at what a tiny seed becomes, how animals instinctively know to care for their young, and how the human body is self-healing and self-regulating... I can't help but believe without a shadow of a doubt it was done by design. I never believed in the "big bang". I do think we have gone through evolution but not in the sense many people seem to people. We are not from apes. I don't believe that but I do believe out eye color, hair color, hair texture, and skin color changed over years of evolutionary adaption and that is why so many people look different from each other today and have different characteristics based on where their ancestors had spent years living and thriving. 

I don't really think this deeply of things but I can understand where you are coming from. So much of the world around us is self-functioning and is able to rebuild, repair, and regrow that it is hard to even comprehend! 

• Like 2