Is Twitch now more profitable for women?

Ella

I see more and more women joining Twitch. Usually between the ages of 19 and 25. They tend to be on the more attractive side and usually do videos that require little to no skills. They mainly focus on talking and make use of the "just chatting" section on Twitch. I hear stories of women making thousands a month on the platform whereas gamers who are guys are lucky to make a few hundred a month. 

• Like 1

I used to work a tip based jobs and the females almost always out preformed the men. 

It is just the nature of the beast. Men are typically the ones out there paying for meals and what man does not enjoy a cute waitress. It's like a weakness. 

Since men are not the brightest they will be more willing to give more tip money to the female just because she is a female. It might not even boil down to attraction as much as it does being able to take care of a member of the opposite sex which is what we were raised to do. 

As a guy working in tip based positions you just have to do your best to provide great service and be super entertaining and you can get closer to some of the top female earners. 

• Like 1

^ That is actually true!

In order to be successful on Twitch or even YouTube, as a guy you need to be entertaining, skilled, and give people a reason to watch you since your prime audience will be 70% or more male. It is easier to entertain a straight man with some cleavage and a nice smile but those who actually get attention via skill tend to keep it. Boobs sag and faces wrinkle! 

• Like 1

Overall, no. I would say it is easier to gain an audience as an attractive woman for sure but the top earners on the platform are almost all men still. I think if women got out of the whole looks for profit thing, they could earn more and be more widely accepted. I know a lot of women and even men who hate that stuff being on the platform. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anything that relies on tips would more generally favor women. Although with Twitch in terms of money earned overall, I think men may rank higher. But this does not paint the full picture as you are more likely to be able to earn as a woman than a man on the platform.

• Like 1