Does comedy sell?

Lana

I have some fun ideas for tiktok & instagram videos and was wondering if comedy helps sell? Like if I were to do ads with the comedic videos, will that help me gain more traffic and possibly more interested people coming in? Or is it only a good way to market your tiktok/instagram? Or both?

• Like 1

Give it a go and see what happens. As long as you are making quality content you should be able to grow a following. You can upload the same content in the same format on TikTok and Instagram. If it is to much to handle working both platforms just stick to one and work on marketing your content hard there by engaging with the community and sharing your content when appropriate. 

• 1 month later...

I was going to mention what Scarlett did. There is this constant line being drawn and moved. What was considered funny just 5 years ago can be viewed as sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic now. I think they are going to keep getting worse with it too.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Mila said:

I was going to mention what Scarlett did. There is this constant line being drawn and moved. What was considered funny just 5 years ago can be viewed as sexist, racist, transphobic, or homophobic now. I think they are going to keep getting worse with it too.

People with stupid ideas in large enough numbers ruins it for everyone else! There really aren't a lot of PC people, the problem is they can all get together though and target things at once on Twitter to make it seem like a bigger issue than it is and celebrities and businesses cave in. If they would stop, it would go away. So thank them for allowing this culture to spread and be acceptable. 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, Scarlett said:

People with stupid ideas in large enough numbers ruins it for everyone else! There really aren't a lot of PC people, the problem is they can all get together though and target things at once on Twitter to make it seem like a bigger issue than it is and celebrities and businesses cave in. If they would stop, it would go away. So thank them for allowing this culture to spread and be acceptable. 

I hear this all the time but it still seems like there are so many of them. I guess when you look at the total population and include everyone who is 16+, they probably only make up a very small percentage. I think the trans community is the US is still under 1% but they are over 1.5 million trans people now in the US. 

• Like 1