Would you keep pursuing a relationship if you're in the friend zone?

Justin89

Say you are into this person big time, and you've wanted to date them for a while. And that person ends up calling you "friend" , "Buddy" etc. I think once you get to that point, you're in the friend zone. But, is it possible to still get into a relationship once getting friend zoned? Or is it official that you'll only be friends with that person? 

• Like 1

Once you are friend-zoned, it isn't worth it. For myself, personally... If a guy has become a friend I view him as a brother so the chance of any kind of romantic thing happening is non-existent. I do have some guy friends but they are friends through my family or online. I don't like to be friends with the opposite sex in a closer level unless they are gay. I know that sounds silly but I don't like feeling like I could accidentally lead someone on. 

• Like 1

If i am interested in that person, i will not allow it to get to the friend-zone in the first place. And if it does, pursuing a relationship will even destroy the friendship you had. But on the flip-side, the best and lasting relationships are usually between friends. The better the friendship the longer the relationship will be.

• Like 1

If you start out as friends, a future relationship will likely be healthier as a result. I know for me and my boyfriend.. We were just friends for almost 2 years. We didn't hangout often but once we started to more and get to know each other more, we both mutually wanted to date each other. 

• Like 1