Would it be a good idea to invest into the gaming industry?

Brenden

The gaming industry probably makes the most money based off of revenue, and I think it's only going to increase going forward. Do you think it would be a good idea to invest into the gaming industry? Maybe a company that's doing great, or a brand new video game dropping soon. I think it's the best thing to invest in today, because of how much money it draws yearly. 

What could we invest in? Not EA, def not EA. 

There are a lot of ways to get exposure to the gaming industry via the stock market. 

Advanced Micro Devices Inc (AMD) - They make some great graphics cards. 

Microsoft (MSFT) - Sure not a pure gaming play but they are betting a lot on the X Box platform. They also have their game subscription service game pass

Games Stop (GME) - Of course you have the famous Game Stop. Really do not see how they are going to adjust with a majority of gamers choosing digital downloads. Eventually used games become a thing of the past...

Take-Two Interactive Software Inc (TTWO) - Which has Rockstar Games and the 2k. 

Nintendo (NTDOF) - One the favorite game systems. They sell so many units and have such a crazy fan base. Who does not remember playing Mario and still enjoy it to this day. 

Those are just a couple ideas to get you started. I find a decent list here: https://gamingstreet.com/list-of-gaming-companies/

Yeah the video game industry seems to be the biggest thing out there today, and investing into it could be a good step for those wanting something good to invest in. I bet the return on investment would be great if you bought stock in Rockstar or something like 2K. Which I think owns Rockstar or is a part of Take 2, their parent company. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, James said:

Games Stop (GME) - Of course you have the famous Game Stop. Really do not see how they are going to adjust with a majority of gamers choosing digital downloads. Eventually used games become a thing of the past...

This is the only one I would advise against investing in because they have not been going good for like 10 years now. They are not likely going to even be a company in another 5 years because there is a massive push to get rid of physical copies of games just like they did for PC games. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 7:26 PM, Brenden said:

Not EA, def not EA.

They don't need any money! That company has mad a fortune by screwing over gamers and shoving micro transactions down their throats. Is it any surprised people are backing away from them more any more? Good call on this! Do not invest in them. 

• Like 1

The gaming industry is wide open for investment. People are actively probably looking for investment right now. If you can afford to invest, I suggest doing it.

On 8/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, Stacey said:

This is the only one I would advise against investing in because they have not been going good for like 10 years now. They are not likely going to even be a company in another 5 years because there is a massive push to get rid of physical copies of games just like they did for PC games. 

Yeah I agree. GameStop had a big push recently from the recent stock business that went through, people made a ton of money off gamestop stocks. But I don't think we'll see a repeat of that anytime soon. 

Gamestop won't last much longer I imagine. 

• Like 2

The gaming industry is only going to continue to grow because it is attracting more people to it. It isn't just a market for kids and teens anymore. Plenty of adults and even seniors play games these days. I am not sure what would be a good investment but I would just go with something you enjoy yourself. 

• Like 1

Yes, sure. The gaming industry is growing. And as you have just mentioned, there are many sectors in the gaming industry that are worth investing on. A good example is the online gaming industry that has blown up since the pandemic hit. I would recommend investing in online based gaming and most specifically those based on Virtual Reality (VR). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CyberTron said:

Yes, sure. The gaming industry is growing. And as you have just mentioned, there are many sectors in the gaming industry that are worth investing on. A good example is the online gaming industry that has blown up since the pandemic hit. I would recommend investing in online based gaming and most specifically those based on Virtual Reality (VR). 

A few ways to get exposure to Virtual Reality that were not on my list above:

QCOM - Qualcomm they currently supply the Snapdragon chips for the VR headsets like the Oculus Quest 2. 

NVDA - Nividia Corp sells graphic chips and processors to a ton of large players in the space. They have VRWorks which is a bunch of APIs and libraries for other companies to develop new VR experiences. 

LITE - Lumentum already has a great lead in 3D sensing. They are working with car manufactures to make self-driving cars a reality. 

Of course the other big players are in the space too. Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Sony, and Apple. 

VR is a growing niche in the gaming marketplace. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 11:19 AM, StanleyZEN said:

The gaming industry is wide open for investment. People are actively probably looking for investment right now. If you can afford to invest, I suggest doing it.

Yeah I agree. GameStop had a big push recently from the recent stock business that went through, people made a ton of money off gamestop stocks. But I don't think we'll see a repeat of that anytime soon. 

Gamestop won't last much longer I imagine. 

A lot of people are projecting it to only last another 3 years with how the market is going and the gaming industry is shifting. more people play on PC than ever before as well and very few people care about physical copies of games.

• Like 1