Would you date a friend's ex if they said they were cool with it?

Lana

Would you ever date a friend's ex if they said they were cool with it? I don't think I could. Even if I liked that person, I would feel very awkward if it turned into something more serious. I mean, if it was a very short relationship, like a day to a week, month or so. But not if they dated for months to a year or longer. I think that'd be way too weird. What do you think? 

• Like 1

I think that would be a little strange. There are a lot of different fish in the sea why make things awkward between you and your friend. 

Then again I guess if your friends ex and you have a great connection that you have never felt before the heart wants what it wants. If one were to venture into it I would be aware that there is potential in losing the friend and maybe even some trust issues if there is still a bit of feelings from the ex and friend. 

Sounds like a situation that can get messy. 

If it was like a few day thing, maybe. I would still find it a bit weird, but people are weird in general sometimes. Either way, I don't think I ever would. I think the risk of it causing a rift between friends is too high. Just find another person to date. It's really not worth the trouble. 

• Like 1

I find it weird to stay friends with an ex much less date a friend's ex! I wouldn't feel comfortable because you'd know that your friend saw everything and was in bed with them before. I would just not feel comfortable with it. 

• Like 1

I think it's weird as well, because what if those two become an actual couple and start to officially date? Now you have to see your friend with your ex, and I can't imagine most people want to see that. 

But I know some people who are comfortable with dating a friend's ex, and see no issues with it. I don't think I could do it though. It's weird and I wouldn't be able to hang out with my friend if they dated an ex of mine. 

• Like 1

I will date a friend's ex, but not because they said they are cool with it. Only if we are truly in love. Plus, we must be friends...real friends before i consider soemthing like that. Sometimes we are just overcome with lust then we make stupid assumptions that it is love. Then we end up hurting each other even more. If you suspect it is not true love, you should not even try it. Even if it seems convinient at the time! 

• Like 1