Healthy alternatives to ice cream

Lana

I love me some Ice Cream, and honestly, right now I'm craving it just because I'm bringing it up lol. But in all seriousness, I can't eat regular ice cream anymore. I tried low fat, but that just destroys my stomach. But, is there any kind of ice cream alternative that I can enjoy without feeling like garbage after? 

• Like 1

Yes my wife is always eating special non dairy ice creams. Her favorite brand is Halo Top. Rebel Ice Cream is also enjoyable. 

We live in a hot area and a cold treat is to hard to pass up sometimes so we are always on the lookout for new ice creams that we can consume that will not put to huge of a damper on the healthy lifestyle we are attempting to live. 

There are some nice options without dairy like mentioned. I like Talenti's varieties. They don't use any of that fake sugar stuff in them. 

Other options would be to eat frozen fruit deserts that are mostly made from fruit or frozen yogurt. Both have way less calories and are better for you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mila said:

There are some nice options without dairy like mentioned. I like Talenti's varieties. They don't use any of that fake sugar stuff in them. 

Other options would be to eat frozen fruit deserts that are mostly made from fruit or frozen yogurt. Both have way less calories and are better for you. 

I love freezing grapes and eating those frozen :). 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, James said:

I love freezing grapes and eating those frozen :). 

Ever have chocolate covered frozen grapes? Oh my gosh are they amazing! A friend got me a small box of chocolate covered grapes and I was worried about them melting so I stuck them in the freezer and forgot about them only to remember the next day. They are even better frozen! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mila said:

Ever have chocolate covered frozen grapes? Oh my gosh are they amazing! A friend got me a small box of chocolate covered grapes and I was worried about them melting so I stuck them in the freezer and forgot about them only to remember the next day. They are even better frozen! 

I am going to give this a try one day. Sounds a bit strange mixing chocolate with a grape but it sounds delicious. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 2:41 PM, James said:

I am going to give this a try one day. Sounds a bit strange mixing chocolate with a grape but it sounds delicious. 

I thought that about oranges with chocolate but even those are good! Bananas are as well. I do not recommend apples or pears though. I don't know why but those taste bad. lol

Edited by Mila
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...