Making money selling greeting cards online?

I have always loved greeting cards and save all the ones I get. I was thinking of maybe starting up a small side business of making custom ones for people to order online. I could probably start this out on Etsy and move to my own site once I establish customers. Could this be a good business? 

• Like 2

Yes especially if you go with a unique angle. 

At our little retail store we sell greeting cards for the alternative culture. So cards that would be relatable to stoners. We are able to fetch a premium too because you can not find cards like that at normal stores. 

I know my wife is always making cards with her Cricket machine. It does seem to take her awhile on some of the more intricate cards but I am sure if she got a good process down she would likely be able to be profitable on Etsy. 

• Like 1

I think this could do great online, especially if you find a niche market and stick to a theme! Like Jame mentioned having cards for stoners and hippies is a good market as most stores do not provide these types of cars. You can also go into something like making cat themed cards for every occasion. There are tons of cat cards on the market but not many specifically directed at cat lovers. 

• Like 1