A monthly newsletter a good idea?

Damon

I know a lot of physical businesses who do this and it does great!

I have considered setting it up for my blog but never got around to it. You actually just reminded of it. I think I am going to give it a go and see how it does. You should too!

• Like 1

Yes email marketing works great! Our ecommerce project used to send out emails multiple times a week. 

The money is in the list. Just keep your emails interesting so people keep opening them. 

I need to get the newsletter going here to highlight the best videos of the week, the best forum posts of the week, and an inspirational story of the week. 

Email is one of the most stable ways to market since people agree to get your emails (show interest in your offer) and you can market to the list whenever you feel it is appropriate. 

I never knew how to actually get one of these started myself. I always read about people recommending them for marketing, traffic, and sales for online stores but I don't know how one actually gets an email list or anything like that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sophia said:

I never knew how to actually get one of these started myself. I always read about people recommending them for marketing, traffic, and sales for online stores but I don't know how one actually gets an email list or anything like that.

You build it via optin pages, offering offers, and having them agree to marketing emails when signing up on websites. 

Email lists are great because as long as you keep your list engaged and reading you have an audience you can market to whenever you want on demand. Where other methods of generating traffic either require years of SEO work or buying traffic from ad networks. 

Yes to build your list you will need to get the traffic to build the list but once you have the email they are there as long as they do not unsubscribe. 

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 5:29 PM, James said:

You build it via optin pages, offering offers, and having them agree to marketing emails when signing up on websites. 

Email lists are great because as long as you keep your list engaged and reading you have an audience you can market to whenever you want on demand. Where other methods of generating traffic either require years of SEO work or buying traffic from ad networks. 

Yes to build your list you will need to get the traffic to build the list but once you have the email they are there as long as they do not unsubscribe. 

Oh right, that makes sense! I guess you get people to want to sign up and then you have a continual flow of traffic via e-mails. What are some things you can offer for free to encourage people to sign up?

1 hour ago, Sophia said:

Oh right, that makes sense! I guess you get people to want to sign up and then you have a continual flow of traffic via e-mails. What are some things you can offer for free to encourage people to sign up?

In e commerce typically offering a coupon code works perfect. So sign up for our newsletter to get 10% off your next order. Then email them a coupon code when they sign up. 

For a service or content based website you can offer a resource such as an ebook or a pdf file that is a check list for some kind of process. 

I can tell you I am experimenting building the email list for this site right now. We capture emails on forum registration but of course that only works if people can find the community. We also have been running a Facebook campaign to send traffic to our landing page. I have started out offering nothing for signing up for the email list and it is proving to be very costly to get email addresses. Wont know the final results until I am done with the test but its looking like $2 - $3 per email address at this moment of time. 

Next I will try the same process with the same ad copy but offer a motivational ebook or a book of positive affirmations or something like that and see how much that will reduce the cost per email address. 

It is different for every vertical but that has always been what I enjoy about marketing / advertising you just have to make the jump and try it then change up some variables and try again. Continue to optimize until you have found the cheapest way to get what you are looking for then scale that if it is profitable. 

You can see our current landing page with no offer here: https://motivationdistrict.aweb.page/p/08c5fe3f-b090-4767-b0e5-0bb0cb033eec

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 5:02 PM, James said:

In e commerce typically offering a coupon code works perfect. So sign up for our newsletter to get 10% off your next order. Then email them a coupon code when they sign up. 

For a service or content based website you can offer a resource such as an ebook or a pdf file that is a check list for some kind of process. 

I can tell you I am experimenting building the email list for this site right now. We capture emails on forum registration but of course that only works if people can find the community. We also have been running a Facebook campaign to send traffic to our landing page. I have started out offering nothing for signing up for the email list and it is proving to be very costly to get email addresses. Wont know the final results until I am done with the test but its looking like $2 - $3 per email address at this moment of time. 

Next I will try the same process with the same ad copy but offer a motivational ebook or a book of positive affirmations or something like that and see how much that will reduce the cost per email address. 

It is different for every vertical but that has always been what I enjoy about marketing / advertising you just have to make the jump and try it then change up some variables and try again. Continue to optimize until you have found the cheapest way to get what you are looking for then scale that if it is profitable. 

You can see our current landing page with no offer here: https://motivationdistrict.aweb.page/p/08c5fe3f-b090-4767-b0e5-0bb0cb033eec

I didn't know there was this much to it but it sounds easy enough. Just have to be consistent I guess and build up the list and then let it handle itself. I might have to try this soon. See if it makes a difference for my blog.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sophia said:

I didn't know there was this much to it but it sounds easy enough. Just have to be consistent I guess and build up the list and then let it handle itself. I might have to try this soon. See if it makes a difference for my blog.

My ad is now done running with zero offer tied to giving me your email address. I targeted the 15 top english speaking countries. My Facebook ad had a budget of $10 per day and I let it run for 7 days. 

Total spend $70

Total new emails on the list: 30

Total cost per email: to high 😛 $2.33

Total cost I am targeting: $1.25

Next up make a eBook about some motivational topics and offer that in exchange for a email address. See if I can get this cost a bit lower. 

Collecting email addresses is some of the best traffic I have been able to deliver myself from my other projects. Most of the time when I am looking for new web properties to buy I will filter those down that have not tried to capture any email addresses with good organic traffic as there can be a huge value ad just by being able to capture those emails. With the click of a button you can promote any content or product you want to your list that is already targeted to whatever you are promoting. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 4:41 PM, James said:

My ad is now done running with zero offer tied to giving me your email address. I targeted the 15 top english speaking countries. My Facebook ad had a budget of $10 per day and I let it run for 7 days. 

Total spend $70

Total new emails on the list: 30

Total cost per email: to high 😛 $2.33

Total cost I am targeting: $1.25

Next up make a eBook about some motivational topics and offer that in exchange for a email address. See if I can get this cost a bit lower. 

Collecting email addresses is some of the best traffic I have been able to deliver myself from my other projects. Most of the time when I am looking for new web properties to buy I will filter those down that have not tried to capture any email addresses with good organic traffic as there can be a huge value ad just by being able to capture those emails. With the click of a button you can promote any content or product you want to your list that is already targeted to whatever you are promoting. 

Thanks for all this info on what you do and your own breakdown. Do you know of any good resources, possibly on YouTube (I prefer to watch vs read) where I can learn more about the process and what to expect?

1 hour ago, Sophia said:

Thanks for all this info on what you do and your own breakdown. Do you know of any good resources, possibly on YouTube (I prefer to watch vs read) where I can learn more about the process and what to expect?

Of course. Vanessa Lau here gives a pretty good overview

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...