Has SEO helped your site/business grow?

Damon

I am in the same boat! I don't know what I am doing half the time. Seems like I sometimes please the Google search gods and other times, I just don't know how to please them! It can be a real pain in the backside for me. I know my blog could be doing so much better if I could stay ahead of Google's constant changes. 

What are some specific questions you all have around SEO maybe I should write a guide. 

I spend a lot of time building content, building links for that content, and sharing that content on social media. 

People do seem to over complicate the SEO process or expect instant results. Typically on a brand new site I will start seeing decent results after around year 1.5 if it is in an established niche and it starts getting really good around year 3. 

I have seen plenty of other people on other forums get success much faster but I have not been able to replicate anything like that for years now. 10 - 15 years ago I was able to rank terms so fast and bring in tons of traffic with low quality keyword stuffed content. 

Now you can have the best content that full covers the topic and it can take years to rank that content. Most of the time you are coming from behind though and need to understand that google has had time to learn to trust the other sites that rank higher then you in the serps. 

So just like anything else in life we have to consistently publish and consistently market our content to other webmasters. 

SEO is one of those things that I will never understand because everyone seems to have their own "methods" that work and I fail to see how. I think you need to be consistent with it and update things often just to keep up with the search engines changing all the time. Then you have to learn what works for you and keep what continues to work. 

• Like 1