Would you reach out to your biological parents if you are adopted?

Quinten

If you were adopted, and never knew your parents, would you ever try to search and or reach out to them? I did for my father, who left my mom and I ages ago. I was able to find him on facebook around 10 years ago, and we were able to make a connection. I at first didn't want to, but I wanted to meet him anyway. I wanted to know why he left us. He never really gave a clear answer, but I think it was money. He didn't have the money to support us, so figured he would bounce. 

I'm glad I met him, but I am still a bit mad about how he left us. I was too young to remember him as a kid, but my mom struggled a lot. If he was around, he could have helped support us as well. But, I moved on from that and I try to see him every so often. 

Anyway, would you try to find your parent(s)? 

• Like 1

I didn't seek out meeting my biological dad but I did get the opportunity years ago. It was the one and only time I met the guy and we had a cup of coffee. 

I don't know it didn't make me feel any different then before I met the guy. 

My real dad is the person that spent time with me and raised me. I would be more prone to meet a sibling I never met if I was ever in the situation again instead of the parents that did nothing to support or guide me as I was growing up. 

In am not sure if I would. I guess if I felt like something was missing in my life, I might. It really depends. I think for medical reasons it is beneficial to know the health and stuff of your parents. But emotionally? I guess that would depend like I said.

• Like 1

I think it depends on the person. Some people want to meet their biological parents to find out why they put their child up for adoption or gave their child up. I understand some cases where parents don't think they can care for the child, so they put the child up for adoption. I think it is great that people want to meet their biological parents though. 

The only time I wouldn't, is if it was an abusive parent, or someone who was an awful person in general. 

• Like 1

I can't answer this without experiencing it. I do have a friend who was adopted. She doesn't know either of her biological parents but she said she never had a desire for it because her family, the couple who adopted her, those are her real parents in her eyes. 

• Like 1