Did you get your covid vaccine?

StanleyZEN

Covid is hopefully going bye-bye very soon, and that's thanks to the fact that we have vaccines on the market to curb the spread. Anyway, I got my vaccine, the 2 dose one, and I'm feeling fine. The only side effect I had, was a sore arm, but they shoot you right in the muscle anyway, so that's to be expected. 

I got my first dose, but am waiting on the second one. I'll be getting that in the next week sometime. I'm excited to be done with covid and be able to spend time with my friends and family. Because right now, we need a break from all of this. 

Plus, seeing friends and family again, without having to wear a darn mask, is going to be nice. 🙂

Nope! I can't get it. I have allergies and my doctor told me I need to wait this one out until there is more research done on it. I am not too worried. Anytime I don't feel good, I don't go around other people so I would make sure not to get other people sick. I know some people who have gotten it, some like me who are advised not to get it, and others who just chose not to get it. I am just happy to see the numbers going down!! 

I don't do flu shots and will not be getting a covid vaccine myself. I am worried about the way its being pushed so hard. I do find it interesting this is part of normal conversation with others in this day of age. I have talked to plenty of people that have now asked me about vaccines and I do not remember conversation like this when it comes to other vaccines. 

Whatever people have to do to feel safe and secure. In our state kids down to the age of 12 can get it and we let our children know that if they want it we will take them to get it. My wife and I currently are not sold. I think I may have antibodies anyways from a Vegas trip I took February of 2020 to a expo. I came home and felt like death for about a week. 

We were not to worried over the full situation in our household. It felt very political and that has nothing to do with daily life. We have survived much worse in history. I will continue to evaluate the data as it comes in and if its proven safe over a long period of time and I forsee a greater risk then it is something I would go with.  

Now I know my family and I are odd ducks in our social circle as we are the only people that have not done it yet out of all the people we personally know. I have always liked blazing my own trail though and looking at the data I do not see to much risk.

• Like 1

My family never did flu shots so I never had one and do not intend on getting one. I think I have only had "the flu" twice in my life. I only had a few colds. I have been told by doctors I have a freakishly strong immune system. My main doctor even said that I am at zero risk of health complications so I don't need the vaccine and he advised me not to get it because I had never had one in the past. I am listening to him, he has the white coat not the people on social media!

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1

I tried to get vaccinated 3 times and gave up. Each time my appointment was canceled or moved. I already had covid-19, so did most people in my family. I will likely just wait and get it in the fall at this point. I am not in any rush. I mean if I already had it, the chances of me getting it again are already very low. 

• Like 1