Would you ever date someone you worked close with?

Damon

For the most part, dating in the workforce isn't a problem, but it can cause problems. If you work close to them, it's probably even worse, because if the relationship doesn't work, that means you still have to go in and see the person every day. And people who date the boss is another thing people dislike. I know other co-workers will think their co-worker is gettign special treatment if they date the boss. It happens allt he time. 

Anyway would you date someone you worked close with?

• Like 1

This is how I met my wife of today. Way back when I remember training her when she got hired on at McDonalds. I would think work is a great place to meet someone as you see them all the time and you get to learn who a person really is when you get to see them go through good times and bad times. 

As a manager of people I have seen it turn into trouble and if it impacts work performance in anyways people are not going to be to pleased. 

So just like with any job just leave your shit at the door go in and get the job done. Do not bring the relationship to work. 

3 hours ago, James said:

This is how I met my wife of today. Way back when I remember training her when she got hired on at McDonalds. I would think work is a great place to meet someone as you see them all the time and you get to learn who a person really is when you get to see them go through good times and bad times. 

As a manager of people I have seen it turn into trouble and if it impacts work performance in anyways people are not going to be to pleased. 

So just like with any job just leave your shit at the door go in and get the job done. Do not bring the relationship to work. 

This. But it's easier said than done. I dated a girl I worked with, and the relationship ended badly. Trying to work with her was tough, because there was still feelings and she at the time pretty much hated my guts and I was starting to feel the same way. The job paid good and I had to push through. But it became some of the most anxiety inducing time in my life. Thankfully, she ended up quitting about a month later. 

I wasn't a manager or anything like that, we worked the same job essentially and worked together a lot. We started to slowly get used to each other again, but she'd bring something up about the past and it would result in arguing and both of our work lacking because of it. So yeah, since then, I have strived to never date anyone I worked with, unless it was someone in a different department or something. Not with someone I worked closely with, because I wasn't going to risk that again. 

• Like 1

I think it depends on your age, where you work, and what position you have in the company. 

I never dated anyone I worked with. I have been close with people but never on a relationship level. I just feel like for me, things can be too messy and I don't want people I work with knowing that much about my relationship. 

• Like 1

I don't think I would but I have never been in a position to know or not. 

I feel like if the person was really worth getting to know, I probably would test the waters. I can't give a definite answer though. I think it can cause issues in some jobs though! 

• Like 1