Pinterest views?

Ella

I have Pinterest page with over 1 million views per month. I would love to get this traction reflected on my blog but I can't manage to do it. I read that having this many views on Pinterest is very valuable but I have no idea what to do with it or how to make use of it. Anyone familiar with Pinterest who can give me some advice?   

• Like 1

I haven't utilized pinterest much. But, could you promote your blog posts on your pinterest? Have you tried that? 

One thing I would try, is maybe running a giveaway that runs through your pinterest and your site. That might draw some people over to your site. 

• Like 1

The way Pinterest calculates views is very strange. I almost use views and followers as vanity metrics on that site because they do not seem to mean anything. 

I use Pinterest to drive traffic and it seems to take a long time. My oldest Pinterest account right now is about a year and half old and we have been consistently making pins for our content that entire time. We get about 40 - 100 visits a day from our Pinterest pins directly to our account. I did just learn that hashtags can be used on Pinterest so will find out if that helps the pins get discovered a little more easily. 

It does seem to get your pins to rank on Pinterest search it is all about the Title and Description. So make sure you get your keyword in the title of your pin and make sure to sprinkle it through the description a few times, and maybe even include it in some hashtags in your description. 

That is pretty much the Pinterest process we follow. Site is in the home and garden niche so I know my target audience is there. 

The views are pulled form social sharing and search engines as well so you are likely seeing a lot of that. Just because someone sees a post doesn't meant they are clicking or even care to. I would imagine you link to your blog posts. Maybe try using click-bait titles and images? 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, Scarlett said:

The views are pulled form social sharing and search engines as well so you are likely seeing a lot of that. Just because someone sees a post doesn't meant they are clicking or even care to. I would imagine you link to your blog posts. Maybe try using click-bait titles and images? 

Click-bait helps on that site big time! People will add things to their boards without even opening them. I think this is because a lot of people do this to use it as a "save for later" kind of thing. I know some people who just use it for art inspiration too. They aren't interested in clicking on links. So you need to focus on getting people who are and make them want to click/open your links! 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, Emma said:

Click-bait helps on that site big time! People will add things to their boards without even opening them. I think this is because a lot of people do this to use it as a "save for later" kind of thing. I know some people who just use it for art inspiration too. They aren't interested in clicking on links. So you need to focus on getting people who are and make them want to click/open your links! 

I am sure it does! I have fallen from it. Also, unless you are signed up to Pinterest, it will not open links anymore. You have to actually right click and open in a new tab or it prompts you to sign up so a lot of traffic is getting lost for people. 

• Like 2