Does anyone else enjoy digital art?

Ella

For the longest time, I only draw by hand on paper. I loved using pencil and ink depending on the art style. I only recently started getting into digital art and got my first digital drawing tablet. It has a screen and everything! I am just looking for some tips on how to get used to using it. What programs are good (free ones). Maybe some tricks/tips. Anyone here into digital art? 

• Like 1

My daughter loves digital art. She primarily utilizes Adobes suite of tools for her work. I know those are not free but art is not something I am strong at and can only report on what I have seen. She says she loves uses Adobe Illustrator to draw. 

• Like 1

If you want free software to try, I would recommend GIMP and Krita. Both are great for drawing depending on your needs. You can use both even if you wanted to for different tools. Krita has more brushes and allows you to download other ones people have made in the community for free so there is that as well. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sophia said:

If you want free software to try, I would recommend GIMP and Krita. Both are great for drawing depending on your needs. You can use both even if you wanted to for different tools. Krita has more brushes and allows you to download other ones people have made in the community for free so there is that as well. 

I love GIMP! I am not a digital artist or anything but that program is like Photoshop stripped down and for people who aren't very skilled with this type of software. best of all, it is free! I have been using it for like 7 years now. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 7:45 PM, Mila said:

I love GIMP! I am not a digital artist or anything but that program is like Photoshop stripped down and for people who aren't very skilled with this type of software. best of all, it is free! I have been using it for like 7 years now. 

Yup! I actually was looking for an easy to use PS option that was free on Windows when I first discovered it. It is a great alternative. It is limited in many ways but offers so much for opensource software. 

• Like 2