Have you ever been in a toxic relationship?

Brenden

A few years ago I was in a really toxic relationship. The girl I was dating, was overly offensive, and physical abusive. She knew I wouldn't hit her because I would never, so she used that to her advantage to hit me all she wanted to without retaliation. We ended up breaking up about a half year into our relationship. It honestly was a relief. 

Have you ever been in a toxic relationship? If so, how did it go? 

Yes, I have. My first boyfriend was this way and I had no idea it was meant to be different. He was verbally abusive and would put me down in front of other people. He also lied to me and then blamed me for it. I had no idea I was being gas-lighted either by the guy and I was with him for nearly 4 years. We started dating when I was 15 and he was 17. I broke up with him finally when I left for college only to find out he had already been seeing someone else for nearly a year behind my back. I am just thankful I didn't get any STDs or anything. 

I dated another guy while in college, it only lasted a year and a half and then I decided to not date and focus on myself. I ended up meeting my current boyfriend last summer at a friend's party (it was an outdoor 4th of July party, most people were in masks so it was kind of funny). We have been together since and he treats me wonderfully. 

I have been in a few. I think most people have. Toxic can be as mild as being in a relationship with a liar to as severe as being with someone who is abusive. If a relationship is unhealthy to either partner or both, it is always best to end it!

• Like 1

I think most people have at some point to one degree or another, like Ella said. 

I have and it sucks but part of growing up and growing older is finding your self-worth and value and this requires you to not let people take advantage of you.