Blogging - How do you earn?

I started blogging about 5 or so years ago. It started with one blog and quickly became 3. Between the 3 sites (I run myself and do all the articles) I am earning over $1,000 a month! I think that is pretty good all things considered. I would love to get that number even higher. I earn through an ad program, Google Ad-sense, and Amazon Associates. 

Are you a blogger? How do you earn/make a living off your work?

We have a few affiliate websites in our portfolio that are monetized the exact same way. AdSense, Amazon, and other affiliate programs. 

It is a great model that I suggest to everyone looking to make a little side income online. You see in our network of affiliate sites we have sites where we do not even know much about the primary topic manner. We do our research to build content but I am sure anyone that was passionate about the topic could easily come craft better content then us. 

If you have a passion in anything blogging about it can build you a great side income that will eventually become full time income if you stick with it. 

There are so many different ways to monetize content that I am sure there is a solution for any passion out there. 

The internet has been my favorite place to make money and build my dreams since 2001. 

Such a great journey you have been on @Stacey keep working those blogs and they will keep producing more fruit for you over time. You can also sell sponsored posts, find other affiliate programs to join, reach out to the sellers on amazon for the products you are selling and charge monthly rates to move their product up on a list. So many different ways. 

Congrats on the success! 🙂

• Like 2

One think I have always heard is that you want to make sure the platform you run your blog on is well liked by Google. Most people recommend WordPress for this reason. I would love to eventually have a blog but I am not a good writer and honestly would not know what to do in terms of setting one up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sophia said:

One think I have always heard is that you want to make sure the platform you run your blog on is well liked by Google. Most people recommend WordPress for this reason. I would love to eventually have a blog but I am not a good writer and honestly would not know what to do in terms of setting one up!

WordPress is an extremely popular platform to use. I am going to have to make a tutorial on how to setup a WordPress blog. Once you know what to do it really only takes a couple minutes to go from nothing to having a basic site. Most hosts have one click installs and you just point the domain name :). I like to use WordPress for our blog projects because of the developer ecosystem and finding resources for help is very affordable. 

• Like 2

I have a blog for pet care. I don't earn much, maybe $200 a month from it but it is nice to have that extra bit of money to have fun with. I would love for it to earn more but the traffic just isn't there. I think Google messed things up in a big way for a lot of bloggers because I was earning $400+ from 2016 to 2019. My best both being over $800 during the holiday season. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2021 at 7:37 PM, James said:

We have a few affiliate websites in our portfolio that are monetized the exact same way. AdSense, Amazon, and other affiliate programs. 

It is a great model that I suggest to everyone looking to make a little side income online. You see in our network of affiliate sites we have sites where we do not even know much about the primary topic manner. We do our research to build content but I am sure anyone that was passionate about the topic could easily come craft better content then us. 

If you have a passion in anything blogging about it can build you a great side income that will eventually become full time income if you stick with it. 

There are so many different ways to monetize content that I am sure there is a solution for any passion out there. 

The internet has been my favorite place to make money and build my dreams since 2001. 

Such a great journey you have been on @Stacey keep working those blogs and they will keep producing more fruit for you over time. You can also sell sponsored posts, find other affiliate programs to join, reach out to the sellers on amazon for the products you are selling and charge monthly rates to move their product up on a list. So many different ways. 

Congrats on the success! 🙂

I will look into these things, thanks James. 

And thanks everyone else. If you can think of anything else worth sharing, please feel free to. Even if it is something I already know, it might help someone else out!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 4:32 PM, James said:

WordPress is an extremely popular platform to use. I am going to have to make a tutorial on how to setup a WordPress blog. Once you know what to do it really only takes a couple minutes to go from nothing to having a basic site. Most hosts have one click installs and you just point the domain name :). I like to use WordPress for our blog projects because of the developer ecosystem and finding resources for help is very affordable. 

That is one of the reasons why people seem to love it. Once you understand the basics, you can get a free or paid theme and really customize it to make it your own. It is not as easy as Wix but it is a way better platform for a personalized blog or web-store. 

• Like 1