Does a business need a headquarters?

Do businesses need a headquarters or a home of operations? I run most of my work from my home, so would that still qualify as a business? Could I use my home as my headquarters if I so desired? I just feel like I don't need to create a headquarters or an office to place my business address, couldn't I use my home address as said business address?

• Like 1

Plenty of businesses operate out of households. Heck, I know someone who uses their whole downstairs as a business and they live above it. You don't need to go into debt or take out a massive loan for a headquarters or building but if your business becomes large enough, you will need to. 

• Like 1

Your headquarters can be where ever you define them. If there is no reason to have an office for your business then it is an expense you do not need. If you value your privacy get yourself a PO box and make that your business headquarters address. 

Yeah like mentioned, just use a PO Box. A lot of people who are famous use these to accept fan mail. 

I think you could easily run a business out of your home, especially if you have the room for it. A friend of mine runs a small business out of her basement. It is candle and soap making items.