Why people don't progress

In another inspiring video from Motivation District, the narrator speaks on building your future and achieving your goals. The narrator starts with a story about individuals who peak in high school. Many people are stuck in the past, relive their glory days, and inhibit their potential growth. While it is great to reflect and be proud of our achievements, doing this for too long get in the way of our own growth and achieving additional goals. Over time, opportunities start to slip away and people wind up not progressing in their lives. 

To combat this, the narrator encourages his audience to be honest with and challenge themselves to dream bigger and think larger goals. Focusing too much on the past wastes our energy, and therefore, our potential. The energy that we spend celebrating (or lamenting) our past could be put to good use by improving ourselves today. Greatness is a result from working hard on a daily basis. To achieve our fullest potential, we must work to win every day.  

The narrator also touches on reshaping our mentality as well. Many people come at life with the wrong attitude, thinking that the world owes them something. To this, the narrator comments, “the world doesn’t care about you, nor does it hate you.” The world does not owe you anything, nor does it take anything away from you intentionally. The world simply exists and progresses regardless of our feelings.

Motivation District’s video provides great tools and insights to building a prosperous future. This video can be accessed here: 

The whole "world owes me ___!" is just setting yourself up for disaster. The world doesn't owe any of us anything and it doesn't matter where you were born, what you were born into... Everyone is capable of overcoming things in life and coming out better on the other side. It is often more rewarding the harder you have to struggle!

• Like 1

I remember listening to this man speak before, I don't remember when or where but I remember really being moved by it. I am going to give it a listen before I go to bed. I already like the message behind it. 

• Like 1