How do you establish a brand?

Scarlett

I have a brand idea and I am trying to think of names for it. It is very much in the baby stages right now so I will leave my idea at that but I am wondering how someone would go about establishing a new brand. I am always seeing new brands of different items and products but I never know how they get to where they are. What is the process? 

The process of establishing a brand. I am working through this very process right now with Motivation District. 

First you need a story. Why are you doing what you are doing? Every brand has a story of why they exist. I really want to spread positive messaging far and wide. 

Then you come up with a name. This is pretty tricky but it's not something to really get hung up on. Just find something that sticks and if it does not work out you can always rebrand later. 

Then you need to build your identity. What symbol or mascot is going to represent your brand? What colors represent your brand? 

Then start building all the different properties for your brand. A website, YouTube channel, Facebook page, linked in page, Pinterest page, Instagram page, Twitter, and any specialty platforms your audience is hanging out. 

Then produce content and market that content to get your brand discovered. 

This is a really simplified process but it is the general idea behind how I would launch a brand and what I am currently doing. 

What steps am I missing? 

• Like 1

I like to think of building a brand as establishing who you are, what you will provide, and why people should trust in your product. Without knowing what exactly it is, I am not sure what direction to swing this but just focus on what I mentioned. You want to make sure you are at the center of it with your goals and message. Next to that, show people what you are providing is worth them spending their money on... And most important, show them you can be trusted. Make them feel important. There is a reason why people prefer smaller shops and family-owned companies!

• Like 1

This depends on where and when you want to establish it. If you are using social media only, you will want to have very active accounts that get interactions. Make use of keywords and hashtags that are trendy/trending. Always look to see what your competitors are doing on social accounts and do what they do, but better! Adapt, improve, overcome and you beat out your competition on or offline. 

• Like 1