What workout programs have you used?

Brenden

In regards to workout programs I have used, they were the likes of P90, P90X and even that Insanity workout program. All through the beachbody side of things. I also used to do general fitness at the gym, lifting weights and so on. But due to the pandemic, I've been pushed indoors to utilize more workout programs. 

Anyway, what workout programs do you use, or have used in the past?

I went through the P90 program a little over a decade ago. It helped me out a bunch likely because I went from being super lazy to working out a few days a week. 

Current program I am using are through Peloton: working on their build your zones program as I have not pushed up my FTP score in almost half a year and then for running I am using Stryds marathon training program to teach myself how to run longer. 

I typically self guide my weeks but working through a set program (plan) just seems to add that much more structure and gives you a bit of light at the end of the tunnel so you get to finish a program then start a new one whereas when I am just training daily it can turn into this never ending grind. 

Would love to hear more about other programs people have used or currently use too.  

I have only tried a few. They were just to typical stand in front of a TV and do as I do programs. I couldn't stick with them. I got bored too easily. I have back issues and neck issues which makes it hard to stick with anything in terms of exercise. I either over do it or I feel as if I am not doing enough to cause weight loss and I am just wasting my time. 

The only exercise I have been able to consistently stick to has been walking. I made a habit of walking a minimum of 4 days a week, rain or shine! When the whole COVID thing happened, I was told to stay home or wear a mask and I was just not comfortable wearing a mask while doing my walks. I ended up not walking for a good 6 months. I ended up gaining about 20 pounds in that time-frame and felt horrible. My boyfriend's brother happened to be getting rid of an old treadmill and said we could have it. I started walking on that until I was able to do my normal walks mask free. I ended up losing the weight in about 3 months and have kept it off since. 

• Like 1