What do you think is causing so many issues for women?

Ella

In terms of hormones and fertility troubles, it seems to be a growing concern. One of the biggest issues women are facing today (outside of breast cancer) is PCOS. Apparently the first known cause of PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome ) was discovered in 1935 and was considered extremely rare throughout the 40s and 50s... Then it became less rare. By the time we hit the 2000s, it was considered fairly common and now 1 in every 10 women are expected to have it. This not only causes issues with becoming pregnant, but can lead to completely infertility. Many doctors believe this to be tied into having too many androgens in the body which is brought on by insulin issues. 

Do you think people's diets have gotten so bad that it is leading to issues like this becoming more common? I think for men, low testosterone is becoming an increasing issue as well. Some men in their 20's and 30's have the counts of men in their 70's and 80's. 

I really think this has to do with the crap we are eating in this day of age. 

There is to much food science going on trying to remove bad things from food and replacing them with unknown chemicals that are man made. 

The other thing that I think is happening is society is getting more sedentary so we are not keeping our bodies in motion as much as we once did. 

Combine that with the over use of over the counter and prescription medication pedaled by the pharmaceutical companies it is leading us to a very unhealthy way of life. 

In my opinion so much of this would be fixed if we ate fresh foods and exercised more consistently. 

• Like 1

Lack of motion and bad food! Those two things alone will make a mess of hormones, especially for women. I think a focus on eating home cooked meals needs to be reestablished in the American household. Seeing how my parents grew up compared to how I was raised, there is a big difference. My parents both had almost entirely home cooked meals, many from scratch. Their snacks were fruits and vegetables with dips or trail mix/nuts. When I was growing up, a lot of what I ate was cooked at home but with prepackaged sides and processed junk. As for snacks... Chips, ice cream, and popcorn. So yeah, things have changed for the worse. Couple this in with people having office jobs and kids sitting indoors all the time playing video games, people are bound to get unhealthy. 

• Like 1